Daily 6 Minute Self-Care Routine
Make a habit out of nurturing your mental and physical health each day. Follow these two simple practices to begin this journey.
Gratitude Practice for Mental Health
Spend 3 minutes writing (our thinking) about what you are grateful for. Here are some ideas:
- What is something you are looking forward to?
- What did you accomplish today?
- What is your favorite food? When was the last time you ate it?
- Who is someone in your life that you are grateful for? Why?
- Think back to a happy memory. Who was there? How did you feel?
- What books, music, television shows, or movies are you grateful for?
- Name something that you are grateful that you have.
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
Gentle Yoga Practice for Physical Health
Spend 20 seconds holding each of the poses below. While in these poses, focus your mind on your breathe and how strong your body feels as you move through each move
Looking for more self-care ideas/ support?
Visit the FamilyMeans blog page. FamilyMeans provides mental health support to parents, students, and faculty in your school district. Make an appointment today with a school-based counselor by calling 651-439-480 or visiting FamilyMeans.org
Additional Wellness Articles
Take stock of your mental health and set goals for improvement with these helpful tips from Family Means therapists.
Check out this video to learn more about the connections between social media and drug use
Don't let your teen go wild this spring break. Check out these tips and resources to help them have fun and stay safe!
Self-harm and substance abuse have a very complex relationship. Learn more about the warning signs in teens and what you can do to help.
Resilience is the ability to adapt to difficult situations and is a key skill for your children to develop. Check out a five-part video series for tips.
Make a habit out of nurturing your mental and physical health each day. Follow these simple practices to begin this journey.