Examples of Excused and Unexcused Absences
Examples of Excused Absences:
- Illness (absences exceeding three days may require a physician statement).
- Medical/Dental appointments (we highly encourage you to make these appointments outside of school hours).
- Required county/state court appointments.
- Religious instruction (Not to exceed 3 hours in one week).
- Driver's license test.
- Serious family emergency i.e. funeral.
- Special requests from parents (pre-arranged with Assistant Principal).
- Family vacation/sporting events.
- Oversleeping/alarm failure
- Arriving to school 10 minutes after the start of school or checking out more than 10 minutes before the end of the day without an acceptable reasons
- Leaving school during the regular school day without approval of a school official or other non-emergency situations.
- Personal grooming appointments (hair, nails, tanning, etc)
- Employment/job interview
- Driver's Education (classroom or behind the wheel)
- Skipping class/leaving campus without following proper procedure
- Family vacations that have not been pre-approved
- Needed at home/babysitting
- Car trouble
- Missing the bus/ride
- Needing sleep or rest
After three unexcused absences students/parents/guardians will receive a call or letter from the school to assist in problem-solving and notification of the next steps.