Learning will continue during the winter even on days when winter weather makes travel difficult. Each year, the district will have one official “Snow Day” in which there will be no school in-person or online. After that, any weather-related cancellation will result in an E-Learning Day.
E-Learning Days ensures students continue learning on inclement weather days, and reduces the chance that schools will have to make up days at the end of the school year due to cancellations.
Announcing and Facilitating E-Learning Day
Families will be notified of an E-Learning Day by 5:30 a.m. The district will make every effort to provide notifications on the night prior to an E-Learning Day.
- Families will receive notification of an E-Learning Day as part of our typical announcements regarding inclement weather days.
- Learning activities will be posted in Schoology for grades 6-12
- Choice board activities will be sent out to preK-5 students by teachers
- Teachers will be available during E-Learning Days to provide support for student learning.
- Accommodations will be made for students with special needs.