Five selected as 2023 Distinguished Alumni
Five individuals will be honored for distinction after graduating from Stillwater Area High School. They will join more than 100 others who have been named Distinguished Alumni since the award was first given in 1987.
This year’s class of Distinguished Alumni includes:
- Glenn T. Harris, Brigadier General, United States Air Force, Class of 1991, oversees the operation of the country’s nuclear arsenal
- David M. Pierce, Ph.D., Class of 1992, a biomedical engineer who has made significant contributions to the field of soft tissue mechanics
- Zach Sobiech, Class of 2013, his inspirational song “Clouds” went viral and helped raise millions of dollars for cancer research
- Pete Winslow, Class of 2012, World Cup champion member of the U.S. Power Soccer National Team who advocates for athletes with disabilities
- Sara Zara Zanussi, Class of 2006, musical entrepreneur dedicated to empowering disadvantaged youth through music for social change
Read more about their impressive accomplishments on our website at stillwaterschools.org/alumni.
The public is invited to join us as we celebrate this year's Distinguished Alumni at a banquet on Friday, June 9 starting at 6 p.m. at the Lake Elmo Inn Event Center. Get your tickets.
In Other News
As the district looks to improve for the future, the school board is considering a change to the high school schedule.
7 Stillwater Area High School students were recognized by the 916 Career and Tech Center as "Outstanding Students" for their academic performance, professionalism, technical skills and personal growth throughout the school year
Six juniors were recognized for their academic achievements and community involvement. The awards come from some of the top universities in the country, including Harvard, Dartmouth and Yale.
More than four hundred thousand dollars in community scholarships were awarded to Stillwater Area High School seniors. 71 local donors offered 134 scholarships to SAHS students.
Five individuals will be honored for distinction after graduating from Stillwater Area High School.
Stillwater students took home several awards at the High School Visual Arts Contest.
More than 200 students participated in the Special Olympics fundraiser by jumping into a water tank.