Apply for community scholarships
The window for seniors to apply is October 27 until February 14.
Instructions for completing the SAHS Community Scholarships
To begin the process go to Schoology. Access code: K46XM-C5NKJQDX
Fill out the Application - Information needed for this form: personal data, post-secondary info, community service, work experience, extracurricular activities and honors/awards. Once you have submitted this form you will receive a confirmation email including a pdf copy of your application. SAVE this PDF.
- Please allow ample time to complete this application. You cannot save and go back.
- DO NOT refresh the page as your information will be lost. Once you submit the application you will not be able to return to edit
Prepare your Required Materials. These are mandatory for each scholarship. Required materials need to be in PDF format and will be submitted for each scholarship to which you apply.
Required Materials (submitted with EACH scholarship):
Application - Completed PDF version that is emailed to you
Personal Statement - Respond to this prompt in 300 words or less:
Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Save as PDF with title: “Last Name, First Name - Personal Statement”
Transcript - Transcripts MUST include 1st semester senior grades.
- To ensure the inclusion of 1st semester grades, wait until February 7, 2022 to request an FREE updated selfview of your transcript from Parchment. For Parchment account questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your transcript as a PDF with title: “Last Name, First Name - Transcript”
ACT scores will NOT be required for 2021-2022. Submitted scores will not impact awards
Watch for additional requirements (essays, acceptance letters, etc). Partial submissions will not be accepted/reviewed. All PDFs must be included in a single submission for each scholarship.
Submit two letters of recommendation (one from a teacher and one must be from a community member). Letters should be in PDF format and titled, ex. John Doe - LOR. Email letters of recommendation to Amy Carr at email@example.com.